Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

HELP, torque tube replacement 580CK?

scram98400jm ยท 2014-07-11 12:01

Has anyone had to replace the torque tube on a Case 580CK, about a 1969? This is the middle section in front of rear end & behind the engine. This is standard manual clutch transmission. I love the machine & want to try & fix it. Can I leave on the backhoe w/ arms down for this or will the rear end want to fall backwards when I unbolt the middle from the rear end? I think something inside the clutch broke off chunks from inside the casting in the bell housing area. Splitting the tractor looks easy enough but I never saw anyone go farther back to replace the center tq tube. Thanks for the help

Replies2
  1. #1scram98400jm2014-07-25 12:14

    Well I guess no one went any farther than the normal engine/clutch split. I'll let you know how the project turns out, replacing the cast housing for the clutch & transmission. I guess I better invest in the shop manual, ouch!!! Really pricey. thx

  2. #2Tuna2014-07-27 19:40

    As for the shop manual I picked one up off ebay , just have to be patient to get one at a good price.