Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Check this D11R

385c JR ยท 2008-12-23 06:18

I want one :usa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKEQaMgIOGU

Replies19
  1. #1HeyUvaVT2008-12-23 07:49

    now THAT is an RC model!!! wow!!

  2. #2BigYellowIron2008-12-23 08:25

    Thats one of the coolest things Ive seen. I would like to find out more about it!

  3. #3ben46a2008-12-23 08:32

    Is that one of the few 1/8 scale models that IMC/scout technologies was tooling up to build? I know they got about 10 of them out. We ordered one but nothing ever became o it as they kept running out of mney, that was 15 years ago or more..... Still have a VHS of it here somewhere.

  4. #4Northart2008-12-23 12:21

    Working scale models Hello Ben46a, That is what I was thinking, but , it looks to small to be 1/8th scale. Man, that must be a one of a kind. Too bad somebody does not produce them. I certainly would buy one. That was realistic , even the sounds ! :usa 385c JR ; Thanks for making an appropriate Christmas post . :drinkup

  5. #5Andyinchville2008-12-23 13:51

    Wow....That must have taken awhile to build if it was a one off custom....I suppose one could buy one of those Mabatrack loaders and build from there BUT that would still take a lot of time. Nice Tho!! Andrew

  6. #6637slayer2008-12-23 20:17

    that was cool, if i could afford it ide buy one.

  7. #7JDOFMEMI2008-12-24 22:46

    Wow!!!!

  8. #8BCB2008-12-29 15:40

    ok where do i get one?

  9. #9Per Eriksson2008-12-29 16:32

    There's a swede that built a Cat 988B loader that is really cool, he used to drive himself around in the bucket on some of the machine trade shows here. It can dig really well too. I'll see if I can find some photo's of it on the net.

  10. #10Per Eriksson2008-12-30 10:55

    http://www.skaladagarna.se/Rolands988.htm http://www.geocities.com/caterpillar988b/bilder.htm CAT 988B scale 1:6,5 weight 160kg length 165cm It can carry 25-40kg depending on material. He built it during 10 years.

  11. #11bluntman410g2008-12-30 12:32

    Now that is cool!

  12. #12gpap1232009-02-16 12:43

    Cool!!!!!

  13. #13doncampbell2009-02-16 19:02

    Wow !, That is very NEAT !! I wonder if he would RC this model I made , it would be cool as a working model.

  14. #14stretch2009-02-16 19:23

    Don, I really must thank you for building the model of the Spade. It truly makes the memory of such a grand machine live on. You certainly did a great job on making it! :thumbsup Did you ever get to see it when it was still around?

  15. #15doncampbell2009-02-17 10:45

    Thanks, I loved building that monster model of the Silver Spade. The first few weeks I wondered if I had made a mistake taking on such a big model project. Building the boom with the hundreds and hundreds of braces and steps really made me wonder, ha,ha. But as I built the dipper bucket, I loved the look of it , then raising the boom for the first time, even I was amazed at the enormous size !! I loved the look of it ! I never did get to see the real one , but Steve Netta from Ohio did invite me down to see it just before they cut it up. I have always regretted not going. Steve was also the person responsible for helping me get so much detail on the model with all the photos he sent me.

  16. #16doncampbell2009-02-17 11:08

    It was a great project, here is the model I am building today , it's a Cat 966C Loader. I am just working on the bucket now

  17. #17Madmark732010-04-30 19:39

    Awesome Models...looks like one hell of a workshop you build them in!

  18. #18buddy6052010-05-01 06:51

    he has more models on his web site that he is constantly updating. http://www.doncampbellmodels.com/

  19. #19kz292011-04-19 20:23

    wow thats impressive!