Hi. On my cat 966 wheel loader with a D333 engine the dip stick has printed on it Check oil level with engine running..So I take it that's what I have to do . checking the oil cold with engine stopped the dipstick shows Full then when starting and idling for a few minutes the dipstick shows a dot of oil at the bottom of the dipstick. I take it this is the correct measurement and to top it up until the dipstick shows full.
Does the dip stick have marking on only one side or on both..? Also does it have a Part Number on it, just to check that it's the correct one..?
I know it has writing only on one side The dipstick part number is 1S1464 . starting at the bottom of the dipstick it says Add then Full,Do not overfill then check with engine running. It is for a cat 966B wheel loader with D333 engine.
Unfortunately SIS does not recognize the S/N prefixes for 966B loaders. Best I can do is show what it says for the early 966C engines. Those have markings on both sides. One side for engine stopped and one for engine running. The 1S1464 does show in SIS as fitting the 75A and 57H prefix machines but does not give me any thing more.
That is the correct part number for that machine, check with engine running. Bob
Thanks for that info Bob. Appreciate your time.
No worry's. Thanks for the info and your time.