Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Chinese mini excavators?

Norbert77 ยท 2023-07-06 18:52

The used market is nuts around here, been looking for a compact backhoe but no decent prices. There are some new chinese mini excavators around, new, it might do what i need. Do they last? Replacement parts?

Replies9
  1. #1CM19952023-07-06 19:02

    There are a few threads for research purposes - Good Chinese companies to buy mini excavator? I have hard time navigating Alibaba and very few reviews.looking for 3.5 ton no name Chinese excavator. There is company called cael in Canada that imports these machines but charge $32k plus tax when factory charges $13k plus customs,etc. These machines don't seem to have model numbers or... HeavyEquipmentForums Guinea Pig Ok you can laugh now or give me crap later :D I just wired off money to China. Alibaba score! I purchased one 1.8t mini ex and a mini skid steer. Skid steer is tracked and 25 hp Kubota diesel. I was told about 45 days to Port of Tampa. I got 6 additional attachments between the 2, in addition... HeavyEquipmentForums What do you want to do with it?

  2. #2Norbert772023-07-07 11:12

    I have a new 1500 acre mining claim to explore, as well as hobby farm uses

  3. #3PeterG2023-07-07 11:25

    Sounds like an old backhoe ($20,000-$40,000) would work. That way you get set up with a machine to dig, and if you can find one with a bucket and forks you can handle a lot of variety of work. There are a lot of new mini excavators coming out. Some of them have Yanmar motors and may overall be ok for light work on a small lot. Forget about parts and dealer help, plus service manual. For an excavator, stick with a nice used name brand (Kubota, Deere, Cat, Takeuchi, etc) and go 4-6 ton in size ($30,000-45,000).

  4. #4CM19952023-07-07 19:42

    1500 acres to explore? I'm with PeterG an older backhoe option just for travel speed. Shiver at the thought of trying to cover any distance on 1500 acres with a mini-ex.

  5. #5zeroo2023-07-16 09:07

    Personally i would avoid all Chinese products if possible, especially higher dollar products.

  6. #6zeroo2023-07-16 09:09

    I have a 130 acres and hate to go to the back to do anything. 3mph is like pulling teeth.

  7. #7skyking12023-07-16 09:46

    need to build a set of these

  8. #8zeroo2023-07-16 10:08

    100% I need that.

  9. #9jbernielh2023-07-18 20:22

    I have 30 acres with lots of hills.. I constantly move rock, tree's, dirt etc.. position the cat 304 at the location of said items and then use the monster old ford 750 hoe to do the traveling.. the 304 is perfect for loading the 4 in 1 bucket on the hoe..