Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Chrome out?

d6peg ยท 2008-05-24 23:37

Been thinking of chromeing out the interior of my D6r and was wondering if anybody has any links to where I can find chrome switch covers for the rocker switches and chrome a/c control knobs. And does anybody have pics from this being done to a dozer? I guess I still have enough trucking in my blood from back during the bad old trucking days.

Replies16
  1. #1Deas Plant2008-05-25 00:38

    Hi, D6peg. Question: Does your D6R do any or much night work? If it does, you might want to re-think that notion 'cos the reflections can be a real PITA. if all you do is daylight work, go for it to your hearts content. Just my 0.02.

  2. #2RollOver Pete2008-05-25 00:46

    You want to chicken out a dozer? I like it!

  3. #3d6peg2008-05-25 18:04

    Deas, Most of the time I am in bed at night, LOL. In 2200 hrs the lights have been turned on twice. ROP, 10-4, I just think it would look good. I already keep the interior really good. It gets blown out every morning, and a little chrome would sure look good. If I can find the right stuff I will try to get some pics of it after it is done.

  4. #4jimmyjack2008-05-25 18:58

    theres a guy around here thats runs a deere 550j and hes changed the pipe so its a chrome with the elbow , put the chrome buttons on all the bolt heads in the cab, chrome bezels on the gauges looks real good i'll swing by his house and see if i can get a couple pics of the dozer and the very nice 359 pete he tows it with

  5. #5d6peg2008-05-25 19:06

    thanks JJ ask him where he got the chrome from. I cant put the chrome stack on though because of the precleaner that cat has.

  6. #6tonka2008-05-25 19:10

    ya might ask your local big rig chrome shop, if they can point you in the right direction for chrome goodies...

  7. #7d6peg2008-05-25 19:16

    I have tried that and even bought some of their chrome but none of it fits. Maybe I will try again. Thanks

  8. #8Earth Mover2008-05-27 18:13

    cluck, cluck, chicken uhhhhh dozer? Can't help you any. Only thing that shines in my Cat is the glass. I did once own a W-900 chicken truck though.

  9. #9tonka2008-05-27 18:41

    Kdub c'mon

  10. #10jimmyjack2008-05-27 21:11

    the chrome buttons are easy u just need to find out what size the bolt heads are and the bezels u might need to look in the universal parts:beatsme

  11. #11biggixxerjim2008-05-29 21:29

    whats a chicken truck??

  12. #12Squizzy246B2008-05-30 09:43

    Chicken Truck

  13. #13BCB2008-05-30 15:00

    chicken truck

  14. #14biggixxerjim2008-05-30 16:11

    yeah but why are they called "Chicken"?? is it because theyre affraid to work like a "real" truck??

  15. #15BCB2008-05-30 16:22

    i don't really know, we've always called extra running lights chicken lights and they have nothing to do with working....

  16. #16tonka2008-06-03 17:43

    Nice ETC job right there!