Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Clark 175b House Routing

tpichon ยท 2015-10-25 15:43

I am need of some advice REAL BAD. I'm still working on getting this Clark 175b wheel loader. I am replacing the control valve inside the cab. It has six hoses that was attached to it. I removed it a couple months ago. And the marks I used to mark the hose locations have faded with due to weather. I had no clue which hose goes where on the valve. Can someone give tell me how to figure this out? Thanks!! :Banghead

Replies16
  1. #1oldseabee2015-10-25 22:15

    Go to minnpar.com, then go to parts manuals, then scroll down to Michigan, then go to wheel loaders, then scroll down to 175B parts manual #3243, go down to page V7. This manual has the hose layout using dotted lines, a little hard to follow. The other 175B parts books have the hoses drawn out, but they are blurred together, so you can't follow them.

  2. #2tpichon2015-10-26 07:40

    Thanks for the reply oldseabee! It's the best info I have received yet. The other clumped together diagram is a waste of ink. It shows nothing useful! I took some great pics of the hoses before I took them off, but my phone crashed and I lost them. Should have used the old fashion method of marking them with color ties. I hope I can decipher this dotted diagram. Will have to break out the magnifying glass. It's perplexing that there is no other clear hose diagram for this machine. Tpichon. :usa

  3. #3oldseabee2015-10-26 10:04

    I forgot to mention that when you get to the page that you want go to the header at the top of the screen where you can click in the + mark and zoom in to enlarge the picture.

  4. #4tpichon2015-10-26 12:32

    Ok, thanks for the additional info. I did enlarge and printed it as well. Now I'm going to the machine and see if I can run the six hoses correctly. Will let you know how I made out. :usa

  5. #5oldseabee2015-10-31 23:01

    How did you make out with the hose problem?

  6. #6tpichon2015-11-01 15:05

    I just got a chance to tackle it on this Saturday. I printed the dotted line diagram zoomed 150%. It was still a little hard to follow as you stated, but I worked out GREAT! Thanks for the awesome info! I've been working on this machine for 4 months now. Rebuilt all cylinders rams, replaced air pump, rebuilt the entire brake system, replaced every hydraulic hose and four new tires. I have to bleed the brake system on Monday and put this big monster to work. Again, thanks for the great info.

  7. #7tpichon2016-01-11 20:35

    To anyone with a Michigan Clark 175b Wheel Loader I need your help. I need a photo of the lower half of the steering gear. An over zealous young mechanic attempted to remove the steering gear assembly to have it rebuilt (was leaking). He went a step to far and dissembled the entire unit! He cannot remember how it was clocked. A clear photo of the lower steering gear unit with the hoses and which direction the adjusting/bleeder valve faces would help me out greatly!!

  8. #8tpichon2016-01-12 10:08

    Really need some help folks. I can't figure out how this steering gear assembly is clocked. It's square and can go on any position all around. Photos, advice needed ASAP! Thanks.

  9. #9tpichon2016-01-12 13:04

    I reassembled this unit, clocked it where the fixed fluid pipes seem to fit just right, but when I started the machine, it immediately steered to the left on it's own! Scared the hell out of me. This steering gearbox, short of a leaking O-Ring was working great. It was taken apart and handed to me in pieces. Please help! :notworthy

  10. #10kshansen2016-01-12 13:11

    Any chance of a picture or make and model of the steering box/valve?

  11. #11tpichon2016-01-12 19:26
  12. #12tpichon2016-01-12 19:28
  13. #13tpichon2016-01-12 20:45

    I believe it's a Saginaw

  14. #14tpichon2016-01-18 16:54

    Can't believe I received no help.

  15. #15kshansen2016-01-18 19:46

    Sorry but never got into one of those. But did look the parts break-down and it looks pretty basic design from what I could see in the cut-a-ways. Looks like the spool should shift one way or another when there is restriction to the pitman arm moving. Has to be a couple springs of some kind to center it up when no steering effort is put into it by turning the wheel. If it is turning with out the wheel being turned the valve spool seems like it is it is not returning to center position. Maybe something is binding? Other possibility, could the hoses be hooked up wrong sending pump pressure straight to the steering cylinders? Might be able to use air pressure going in the port that the pump feeds and see where it does come out and see if turning the wheel makes it come out somewhere different. Probably would need to somehow lock the pitman arm from moving. Wish I had some better ideas but only so much I can think of without having it in my hands to see!

  16. #16Ryan1512016-04-08 08:35

    Check in the parts manuals at minnpar.com might get it figured out there. Only other thing is put it together and hope for the best test it out if it doesn't work look back into it.