Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Clark C40B Forklift help with brakes

Al580CK ยท 2024-10-13 13:32

Hello, I have a 1965 Clark C40B forklift. I had issues with the brakes so I did a service.....new master cylinder, new wheel cylinders, brake pads, all new lines, replaced inching valve cup seal. I have bled the system, but cannot get a firm pedal. When I apply the brake it activates the inching valve and then will apply some brake pressure. The pedal travel seems very long and it has to go to floor to have brakes which are sketchy at best. What have I missed? I can't seem to get solid feel on the brake pedal. Hope you can help me in this matter. Thank you. Quote

Replies3
  1. #1Harriss282025-01-07 18:01

    What master cylinder did you buy?

  2. #2TD242025-01-09 14:19

    What pushrod from linkage into m/cyl are you using? If original. may be too short for new cylinder to develop full push. If to long may not be letting the cylinder gulp a full charge... Switch to the new one that came with the new m/cyl. Compare lengths before actually installing

  3. #3TD242025-01-14 13:08

    Any results from mu suggestion? Would like to know.