Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Clark C500HY550 forklift mast.

tobac ยท 2014-10-23 08:27

I have a Clark forklift around 4 or 5000 lbs with a container mast. Several years ago the main lift ram seal began to leak and it was repaired by a hydraulic specialist. However after replacing the seal he crossed the thread of the brass retainer nut and it blew out. He took the brass retainer to his shop to repair the thread but this did not solve the problem. It lasted several years but the brass thread has stripped and the retainer is useless. I am having problems getting the mast numbers as the name plate has been damaged. I am wondering where I may be able to get a replacement retainer in Australia or elsewhere. It has a rod size of 5 1/4" and thread size of 6". Any suggestions appreciated. The machine is dated 5-76 which I assume is when it was made. Thanks.

Replies4
  1. #1lantraxco2014-10-23 14:06

    Email [email protected] and ask them, they may be able to get you a part number or may have one. They're in the US.

  2. #2BillG2014-10-23 18:10

    The ID plate on the truck won't give them the info for the mast that they need. The mast number is stamped on the mast structure, now comes the fun. Clark and others like to play Easter egg hunt with them. Look on the front edge of the rails of the mast as well as on the outside flat surface near the tilt cylinder mounts, also sometimes on the cross channel ties.

  3. #3willie592014-10-23 21:44

    Ditto. Easter egg hunt it is. Many times the mast number has been covered with numerous paint jobs as well making it extremely hard to find.

  4. #4BigDynahoe2015-01-07 17:11

    Email Clark with the serial number of the truck, they should be able to give you what you need.