I just picked up this Michigan 45 and it runs great, but I had to work on the linkage a bit to allow the fuel pedal to go all the way tot he floor so it would pull itself up on the lowboy. I have no brakes and no lights/eclectronics. Radiator cap is gone but I did top the radiator off with antifreeze and the oil off with 15-40. The kids had busted the glass out the cab so im looking for plexiglass to fill those holes. I need a pillow to put in the seat. Most importantly I want to get the radiator cap (does anyone know what size or where I can find one?), brakes ( I am guessing the valves under the pedals are frozen shut), and lights working....Oh, and the loader is in first gear, and it seems the shifter is frozen in place. It runs and works for what I need it now, I would like brakes, and all of it functioning but I dont want to get into a situation im repairing more in value than the loader is worth. Brakes are important though. ANY help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. The parts book states the brake valve assembly is 945996 and I found them knew for $255 each. although the new ones have a CL in front of the part number. Does anyone have any experience and know whether this is a replacement or not? The block heater heated and circulated for like 5 minutes then started tripping th breaker so I unhooked it. Serial number of the machine is 4189D684JAC and had been used by a local municipality. They even have lines ran up the loader arms for remotes. The model number is as above 45 BP. I stomped the left pedal and I think something broke as it now just sits on the floor and wont move. the machine runs good, climbs the hills fine and moves forward and backwards... Anyone have any experience with these and can talk me through some of the fixes or what I should be looking for?
You want lexan instead of plexiglass but regardless I don't think you'd be happy with any type of plastic windows. They scratch way too easily and get a little cloudy after awhile. A glass shop could cut laminated safety glass fairly reasonably. I believe the loader is a model 45B and the P is for Perkins. Clark had different engine choices for many of their loaders. The engine is a Perkins 6-354 (354.4 maybe) There were a few versions. Great engine if it is and very easy on fuel. Wonder if the tag is from the company that rebuilt it or at least worked on it.
I will get the glass replaced once I am sure the driveline and brakes are reasonable fixes. it has a screeching noise from behind when driving forward, other than that everything runs well it seems. I just need to stop the wind for now, so whatever Lowes has to fill in the holes is gonna have to work. I wil look at replacement glass once the driveline lights and brakes are all fixed.
Anyone have any ideas on how to loosen the linkage to the trans shifter? I am curious if I have a linkage issue or a trans issue. One I can work on the other, it will just have to stay in first gear!
Hi Dynaliftmaybe, I send you Part Manual for CLARK MICHIGAN 45B . I have stock of spare parts for MICHIGAN Loader . Regards Stefano - TCM Parts - Italy
thank you but I have already found what I needed. thank you again