We have a 85B loader that the tranny seems to not go into gear or slips. Does anyone know of a service manual that could help us start to look for the problem. It is a 3 speed main tranny with auxilary tranny that gives you added ranges. It is a auto with air brakes. I have no idea what year this loader is or where to find the serial #.
It seems like the 85B doesn't exist as I just can't find anything on it. It says 85B on it but no info to be found. Does or did anyone have one of these.
Try searching this forum for Clark or Michigan loaders.The serial number may be stamped in the hinge area on both ends of the machine.It may use the same transmission as an 85A111.One thing I read was to check the oil level when the motor is running.Have you changed the transmission filter and cleaned the screen at the bottom of the transmission?I have a manual for a Clark 125A111.
Need to get it in and check screen, checked fluid running good. Can't seem to find Serial #. Need to clean area a little better once it warms up a little.
I'd start by checking fluid ect like you said. Check pressures on the converter. If it had linkage to the valve assembly which it should check all that to make sure it's fully engaging. I just went though a 55b with what seemed like Trans problems but ended up being engine power issues. Get a torque converter and Trans model number off the tags we can start there maybe some pics of it too.
Is this a stiff frame loader or articulating? If it is stiff frame I may be able to help some, I have an 85A series II with manuals
Any update on torque converter numbers