I have a 1970 trojan 114 shovel I am looking for advise or suggestions on how to pull apart the transmission and motor. Or if I am just better off to give it to somebody else. The inner shaft seal for the transmission has blown.
BK, in the owners book are some pretty good directions on how to tear this apart, I could only add I hope you have a good shop & a real heavy duty transmissin jack, as the drop box & tranny come out as one unit. While holding up the back of the engine. If you're sure only that seal is bad [how did you determine that]? You can call minnpar see if they can get it - Many seals are generic if you can get a number off it, but not all. The 114 is 50+ years old, specific parts will be really hard to find.
I'm not 100% on the seal being the problem. But just by looking at the book and tractor I have only found 4 seals from motor to tranny, tranny to drop box, and then where both drive shafts come into the drop box. Unfortunately there is a cross member of the frame directly in my way of seeing the underside of the transmission. But by looking at the positioning of everything it's the only seal that makes sense. Fluid is dripping from somewhere onto the cross beam then down to the rear U joint on the rear driveshaft. And as for jacks I have a 12 ton floor jack and the motor I was going to hold with a 2ton A frame and chain lift.