What do you guys think of Liebherr loaders? We have a dealer in the area that has called on us a little but I can't event think of a place where I have saw these.They are a new dealer to the area. I stopped by there the other say the products seem nice. Please let me know if you have any experience with these and how the parts are to come across? Reliable? Hows the hystat trans? Also let me know on excavators and dozers too. I am intrigued by the company but not sure I should really consider them yet.
From what I know, they are used probably more in Europe than anywhere else. I haven't operated one or been around one in person, so I don't want to claim experience I don't have. Just curious: what size are you looking at?
We would be looking at the 556 to 580 size.
My experience is that it can be somewhat difficult to get parts for their machines. The parts network just isn't up to the level that some other manufacturers have.
Yeah, I don't know: they do appear to be good machines, but personally, I always like to stick with the tried and true manufacturers. I'm biased because of my job towards the Caterpillar brand, but if you're going to throw down a couple 100,000 or even more dollars on a machine, you want something that's going to last a long while, perform consistently, be easy to service, and be backed by a good dealer network that is nationwide and well-established. But I would agree that they do seem to be good machines.
fwiw, Deere loaders 204 to 344 are leibeherr machines. same as the 950/1050 J dozers.
And from experience,those little loaders are solid machines
I have a john Deere 244j(made by Leibeherr and Deere),no issues....just like the smaller cats (904/906/908) someone makes those in conjunction with cat, not sure who)
I bought a screen plant made by terex finlay. Obviously different from a loader but getting parts is a freaking pita. To say the least. Almost everything comes from ireland. Same thing could happen with the leibherr. Ask them what parts availability is ect. As for quality of machines I heard of a scrap yard that switched over from cat and jd excavators to leibherr and had nothing but problems. That's been some years ago now. But personally I think.leibherr knows how to build equipment. They are probably as good as everyone else parts would just worry me.
Also depends on what your doing I'd your making money and you need a good true machine obviously get a cat or Komatsu ect someone who is here and established. That's my 2 cents though. Foreign or not rooted in machines can be a mess.
They are popular particulary in France , the good point is the fuel consumption , the hydrostatic drive works OK but in case of breakdown it may contaminate the rest of the machine , if a powershift breakdown on a CAT or a Komatsu the broken parts stay in the box and don't go any further
Liebherr is a good company just no one backing them up. They either are or just have opened up a parts depot in California. Depending on how their relationship with deere goes makes me wonder how far they will go in the us?? Deere took the track loaders and really turned them into a good loader. Still waiting to see if they are going to release the 1050K? I did notice on the older track loaders liebherr really did over engineer some of the simplest things. I think they make some good machines its just going to be hard to get into the states without a good dealer network and parts supply on hand.
First thing to check is model population in your area and their stock level in local dealer warehouse. We had 2 Liebherr shovel, but trying to get parts was just disaster where I worked.