I just got done cleaning both a Kobelco Excavator and a Cat D5G bulldozer. They look good, but I am working in really muddy conditions. This may be an extremely stupid question, but is there a coating or a spray that I can put on the machines so the mud will not stick (so easily) to the machines? I understand this may sound like a really really stupid question, but it sure would be great if the muck would slide off the machine and not build up. Both machines are well over fifteen years old.
Shoot it down with Crisco.
You could try a variation of a soap water, soap and mud do the same thing.
It would have to be dry first, then crisco would be as good as anything. Diesel has wax, warm up the diesel and dissolve old candles in it and it will be even waxier. Works great on wooden toboggans.
https://www.amazon.com/Produxa-Prem...hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584276309453050&psc=1 What about something like this? I used to spray the undersides of my motocross bike with wd40 before riding when it was muddy... definitely made cleaning the mud off easier
Along the lines of Crisco, I think some guys spray Pam or a generic cooking spray on their MX bikes. A lot better for the environment. There might be something made especially for it too. I'll have to look. Edit. There is stuff called Mud Guard but it's not cheap. SC1 from Maxima is another spray. Other people have used silicone based sprays.
Along these lines, Shark hide metal protectant is a interesting product. I tested it on a new aluminum 2800 gallon cargo tank and nothing stuck to it for the first winter and then gradually faded. Expensive and time consuming to apply, but very effective.
Big ol bucket of fluid film?
Thanks for the replies. What is fluid film?
Lanolin.