With any luck, this is a picture of a spider hoe on the side of a mountain. The shot was taken at max 10x zoom from the base station. Unfortunately, i passed directly over him and didn't notice him sitting there until i got down the hill. The summit is at about 7500' he was about half way up the hill. I was able to talk to the operator. He has been tearing out trees under the tram for about a week and a half, less than a week to go. He takes the tram every morning, and rappels in from above, taking lunch, fuel, parts and lube with him. Walks down the hill at night. The machine is a 10 ton unit. It has a winch on it to stabilize it. The slope is 70 degrees in some spots. Pretty much straight up by my eye. The view from the cab must be one of a kind.
Thanks for the pic! Spyder hoes are just too awesome, you're really only limited by what you can stomach. They say 1:1 is pretty much as steep as you can take them but I know guys go further than that. With that winch I'd be tempted to go as far as the anchor point would hold me! :drinkup
Are these the ones that had the cab mounted on a pivot ball? When I was working at Atlas Castings in Tacoma, they had a picture on the wall of one on a rack that was about 70º, with the machine sitting 45º to the rack. Kinda wild, not sure I'd want to be in that cab.
Looks like fun.
One thing for certain, you don't have to worry about a scumbag stealing your batteries on that job.
or truck drivers stealing your lunch...:cool2
Huh? Now a scurrilous scumbag has stole your lunch! Man...that's cold!
Spidex That is Dominic from Spidex. Good guy, and good operator. Check out his web site http://www.spidex.ca And no I'm not getting paid by him