Here's some pics of a CMI 65 Autograder I found at a dump site here in MeCCA Ca.
what a beast
CMI always made some neat stuff, shame to see it wasting away........
Love the scarifier mount! Whats sticking out of the left hand side? I cant make it out.
Hydraulics for string line wands
Makes sense. Hence the Autograde. Thanks
Love the old Madonna construction company decal! the same guy that built the Madonna INN id love to have that piece of sheetmetal with the decal on it for a wall hanging.
Here is one for sale, and is in a better condition http://johnsontruckparts.com/index....ory&view=description&type=equipdb&id=33914993
And here I thought the front axle on the first one was broken. Very low profile; for mining perhaps?
I dont believe the front axle is broken, just the hydraulic cylinders have settled down. I dont fully understand the dynamics of the front axle on these, but I don't think they are an oscillating axle like those found on typical road graders. There are two A - arms with each having a hydraulic cylinder, it was my understanding the purpose of this was for very minute grade changes. Raise or lower the the front end for small increment grade changes. I've only heard stories of the auto-grades as we use trimmers and cat road graders. They were neat, that's for sure, and by all means someone please correct me if I am wrong, but that was how I interpreted these to work.