Does anybody have some photos of both front and rear fenders on a more modern grader (Cat, Champion, Volvo, Deere. If could you please post them or send them in a PM or email??? I have a grader that spends a little time roading from jobsite to jobsite and sometimes the weather conditions are not the best. Fred J
The European guys run them normally. I've always wanted a set but can't justify the cost governmentally. Hopefully someone will post some pics for you.
Here's a link to a thread posted a few years ago. Has several different designs.
Here's another link of pics on a Veekmas grader.
Here's another. I'm not smart enough to copy/paste pics.
I agree with you about the need. I maintain 50 miles of rural gravel roads. In Winter when pushing snow I find myself on the State maintained paved roads a mile or so at a time getting from road to road. I always idle along so I don't throw salted slush all over my machine.
fenders craig attachments make fenders as well as johndeere i wouldnt be with out them
Check out Getz Enterprises they make all the fenders for the graders that the dealer I work for sells.
"Superior Fenders" www.superiorfenders.com I have used these and thought they seemed to work real well.
I hate it when that happens #*€£]??
They cut down on alot of road splash up from tires,but no where near all of it. I wouldn't want to be without them since I do a hell of a pile of roading my JD 770G(including plowing snow). These are stock John Deere fenders, hope these pics help. The old champion I used to run had fenders made at a local machine shop, not as good as the ones on my 770G, but the did the trick.
Is that a "spot mirror" in the first picture?? I'm always looking at machines for operator modifications to get new ideas. Never saw a mirror viewing the front edge of the moldboard before. Can you explain it's use??
Absolutely ovrszd I use it for when I'm shoulder grading. it's to see approaching traffic behind me. Most times I only have it on there when shoulder grading..... But this year I got lazy and left it on it's a 12" convex
I have an m2, with Cat rear , and superior front steerable fenders, made them removable for tire chains or dirt work. Otherwise you have to take off the tire everytime you want to remove or install them. Cat engineers have taken pics hopefully they will catch on to what we want. We have modified all of our cat graders this way.
Hey ovrszd, I forgot to mention one other thing about the mirror. Yes it is also to see moldboard so you can lay the material right in where you want it. http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh530/ONTHEPIPE33/7d040a0b.jpg
Yes that's true. Fenders are in Germany duty to get authorization for streets.
I'd love to have a set. Got a rock in my back window a couple of weeks ago, didn't leave a mark, but 2 days later when I was loading it on the float, the window blew out, and I got the neatest little squares of glass down the back of my shirt.
There's fenders on both the Volvo and John Deere and they do help. You still get rocks bouncing around though. When the Volvo was about a month old the lower front left window got knocked out. I wonder why they don't do the laminated glass? Those windows absolutely shatter. The rock that got that window bounced off of something before it hit the window. And now they are a glue in so that's real handy too On the John Deere, even with the fenders you still watch all the rocks being lobbed in the air at 20 mph. They sure help keep the mud down.