Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cold weather

wally57 ยท 2014-01-22 09:39

Good Morning I am wondering what you snow plow operators use to lubricate the wing post in cold weather. I have a Champion 730A with a Falls wing. I have tried several things to lube the wing post but they seem to get sticky after a while and the wing sticks. Any suggestions? Thanks Wally

Replies6
  1. #1biggrader2014-01-22 10:43

    I believe Falls says to use antifreeze or a light weight oil. I use JB80 and seems to work ok. You might have to apply it a couple times a day. Nothing worse than having the toe stuck up in the air!!!

  2. #2smooth2014-01-22 11:50

    I put straight antifreeze in a squirt bottle and carry it in the cab. Usually need to apply a couple times a day depends on outside temp. Works good and does not build up and get all gummed up with smaller rocks and sand like oil.

  3. #3wally572014-01-22 12:14

    I talked with the local county employees here and they said they used a JAX snow plow grease. Anyone heard of that product?

  4. #451kw2014-01-22 12:42

    I use old antifreeze also. Large dish soap bottle full in cab.

  5. #5Mobiltech2014-01-22 14:17

    Has anyone tried dry film lubricant or spray on graphite. It doesn't get sticky but lubes well

  6. #6Cat 140M AWD2014-01-22 22:32

    I use the dry film graphite ya get in the spary cans it works great and don't collect rocks or any other debre works really good I also use it on my moldboard slides and circle