Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Compatibility of electrical plugs for Aux. Hydraulics

texascadillac42 · 2008-11-06 12:12

I have a couple of Komatsu skidsteers, some with standard flow and some with Komatsu's SuperFlow high flow hydraulics. With the Superflow system, an electrical plug is fitted on top of the aux. hydraulic lines (I assume to control various functions on an attachment). Is this electrical plug standard between machine manufacturers, just like the hydraulic connections are? Or is it a machine specific setup? I have searched a few different manufacturers sites, but had no luck finding a pic of the electrical plug. If need be, I can post a pic of the electrical plug from the Komatsu. Thanks for any help.

Replies2
  1. #1Canadian_digger2008-11-06 19:22

    Different manufactures use different set ups for the electrical plugs. Witch ones use witch I do not know. All I know is ASV and Cat are 8 pin I think Bob cat is 7. I’m sure someone with more knowledge will have more info for you.

  2. #2mouse2008-11-07 06:20

    you should be so lucky cat uses a different pin to bobcat. bobcat, depending upon vintage, use either 14 pin then or 7 pin now. It is also possible to run both for using older style bobcat attachments on new machines, they have various adaptors available from parts. the 7 pin uses a canbus system whereas the 14 pin (so i understand) uses a conventional system. the attachments that use 7 pin have their own circuit board to decode whats being sent. a search for 'attachment control box' will bring up an american supplier of control boxes for machines without the connectors. I did try contacting him via email without success so i do not know if he is still in business or not. i have seen a cat modified to power a 7 pin style attachment, it took a bit of stuffing around by the sparky who knew skid steers pretty well. for those who have a hiflo bobcat it should come std with a 7 pin connector. if the machine is a g series or later then it is pretty simple to install the 7 pin cable - it plugs into the diagnostic port on the LHS of the engine roughly just above the battery. about the only challenge is mounting the cable which for a s250 means running it inside the boom along with the hydraulic lines. to try and answer your original question, find a company that hires attachments using (say) 7 pin and ask them if it will work with your machine. i've yet to lay eyes on a komatsu skid steer here. i didn't know they brought them into the country but they have them on the local website. just read the specs fo the largest one they advertise here - the 1020-5 - the 250 hour grease interval pins sounds nice. does this system actually work and last in real world?