Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Computer security settings question

dieseldave ยท 2010-03-30 00:18

I had some computer issues and had to do a restore. Now I can't sign in to some of the sites I have accounts with- ie Facebook and Snapfish. I got in here fine (obviously lol) and into my Yahoo and Ebay accounts. What do I have to change to get into snapfish and FB?

Replies8
  1. #1OCR2010-03-30 01:29

    Computer security settings question: I don't know what you would have to change Dave, but System Restore won't remove "what ever you got"... at least that's my understanding. But this might have happened to you... not sure... http://www.avast.com/pr-online-ads-put-web-users-at-risk Some more here, click on the blue links to read more. http://blog.avast.com/2010/02/18/ads-poisoning-โ€“-jsprontexi/ OCR

  2. #2dieseldave2010-03-30 13:06

    So even though the computer's running ok (I fixed the firewall issues and can sign into snapfish and facebook now) whatever attacked it is still lurking inside? I know that this isn't going to fix it either, but what is the utility called where you set the computer back to a point in time in the past? I've used it before but I can't remember what it's called LOL. I wish I would have used that rather than the restore, wouldn't have lost all my files.

  3. #3OCR2010-03-30 14:26

    Computer security settings question: That is System Restore, Dave... and it shouldn't have caused any loss of your files... least it isn't supposed to. Is this what you used? โ€‹ Just a couple screen grabs I took of the System Restore page, with the System Restore Settings open on the right... Pic. 1 Second picture is what you get when you click "next" on the "Welcome to System Restore" page. Well, at least you got it working, but I wounder what happened to cause "what ever happened", in the first place... cause I don't want it to happen to me... OCR...

  4. #4RonG2010-03-30 14:28

    System restore is accessed by clicking start/programs/accessories/system/restore.You then get to choose a date to restore to if you have restore enabled.You may still be able to do that depending on what you did to fix it.Ron G

  5. #5OCR2010-03-30 15:07

    Computer security settings question: What RonG said, Dave... and if all else fails, click the Help Icon. You get this... and a lot of information in there: โ€‹ OCR... PS: Dave, if that's hard to read, zoom out a little... seems to help... a little.

  6. #6grandpa2010-03-30 19:17

    god, the old coot actually sounds like he knows what he is talkn bout..bah ha ha

  7. #7OCR2010-03-30 22:47

    Computer security settings question: Yup... fooled ya again grandpa... :tong And what'd you do... delete your Sig.??? Thought your posts always ended with..... OCR... :lmao Ha! Had to stay up late, too...

  8. #8hrlow22010-05-24 21:29

    To me, it sounds like his cookies for the site were tagged as malware and got removed.