Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

continuous rotation

Tradesman ยท 2013-05-28 22:24

Is continuous rotation truely endless with no need of keeping track of what direction you place boom back on rest,with no undo wear ? Regards.

Replies5
  1. #1willie592013-05-28 22:28

    360 degree continuous rotation is achieved by using a rotary swivel in the center of the slew ring, it doesn't care how many times you rotate in one direction or the other.

  2. #2Dualie2013-05-29 00:12

    Most in fact appriciate being spun about a couple of times just to keep the wear all around.

  3. #3JDOFMEMI2013-05-29 00:24

    Good point Dualie.

  4. #4Dualie2013-05-29 00:28

    I should also note* if you suspect its been quite some time since its had a full go around you might not want to press your luck.

  5. #5Tradesman2013-05-29 18:02

    Thanks for the comments, I have been all the way around several times , with no indication of any problems, I have just been keeping track and putting it back on the rest from the direction it came off. But with your advice I can relax and enjoy my " New ride " Glen