Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cooked Komatsu Demag

Madmark73 ยท 2010-08-04 04:47

Copy Dispatch....can you smell smoke ??

Replies18
  1. #1alco2010-08-04 06:43

    Was that the PC8000 at Kalgoorlie a few years ago?

  2. #2245dlc2010-08-04 18:20

    What's the story on that fire? Hope nobody got hurt with how hot that oil can get.

  3. #3Madmark732010-08-05 03:17

    No it wasnt Kal, happened in NSW at Cadia ..within the last 12 or so months

  4. #4Madmark732010-08-05 03:22

    Combination of Oil and grease....no one badly injured fire went on for a few shifts i was told

  5. #5Gavin84w2010-08-05 09:37

    My old stomping ground Brian, Cadia that is. Was in Kal at the superpit a couple years back and they umbilicled hyd lines to that one and walked it out complete, looked exactly the same as the Cadia shovel though, just toast. They replaced it with an L-1850, hmmmmmm.

  6. #6Madmark732010-08-05 20:10

    A few of us stomped around good old Cadia ......there used to be a folder full of accident damage and interesting photos..Love to get hold of that

  7. #7Chris55002010-08-06 02:11

    I was wondering when these would finally reach the web, I knew it was only a matter of time! Now that these are out there I might upload a few of my own. They actually wrote in "Accross the valley" that it was "more productive" than a PC8000 and I believe the figures they quoted (dont qoute me on this!) were 4000 tonnes per hour. Yea right! :deadhorse It rarely broke 2000. And speaking of KCGM, they have just ordered another two dash 6's. I guess their 1850 doesn't quite meet their expectations either!

  8. #8Gavin84w2010-08-06 05:43

    What, an L1850? No way. Did they have some labor spin doctors on deck that day

  9. #9JDOFMEMI2010-08-06 23:30

    Tell me you are joking. No way a wheel loader can out load a 8000 shovel or backhoe. A 2350 wouldn't come close either. I firmly believe a wheeled machine is a back up or utility machine at best when it comes to production loading. The only place a wheel loader can compete is if you have to load from multiple faces and spend a lot of time traveling from one face to the next. Then, I may still take a shovel, with a set of those cute little dollies you put one end of the track on, then put the bucket in the back of a haul truck, lift and go. Nice pictures, by the way.

  10. #10oversize2010-08-07 03:03

    I think this is also the same machine that is in trucking life this month as the mega move of the month

  11. #11Madmark732010-08-08 01:06
  12. #12alco2010-08-21 19:44

    Here are some more pictures of the crispy shovel.

  13. #13alco2010-08-21 19:46

    And some more

  14. #14Martin!2010-08-21 21:47

    That one in trucking life was going from Werris creek mine back to Gunnedah mines.Unless they rebuilt it real quick then I dont think its the same machine.

  15. #15oversize2010-08-21 22:37

    Ok, thank you do they rebuild some thing like this or wood this one be a wright off

  16. #16Madmark732010-08-22 01:59

    Great pics Alco!

  17. #17Madmark732010-08-22 02:01

    This one was scrapped, it did not have much life left onsite before it burnt.

  18. #18alco2010-08-22 11:42

    I can't take credit for them, they were sent to me by a friend who wished to remain nameless.