Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rubber tyred dozer

malcolm ยท 2010-08-08 00:32

An early Letourneau with hydraulics cheers malcolm

Replies12
  1. #1RocksnRoses2010-08-08 01:20

    Lw 16 This LW16 was pushing gypsum down a steep incline into a ship loading hopper on Kangaroo Island in February, 1967. RnR.

  2. #2yowie2010-08-14 22:11

    awsome stuff, i want me one. why is it that the machines at the top has the opperator at the back and the bottom machine has him at the front is it the same model or just a differnt version of the same machine

  3. #3RocksnRoses2010-08-15 08:09

    I can only assume the LW16 I photographed is a later model to the one Malcolm posted, yowie. The original Tournadozer was the same configuration, with the operator at the front. http://books.google.com.au/books?id...0CBMQ6AEwADgK#v=onepage&q=tournadozer&f=false I am wondering if the LW16 that Malcolm posted, might be an Australian version built by Letourneau Westinghouse. It seems that it was designed to be a general purpose machine that would double as a dozer, but could also be used as a tractor as well. RnR.

  4. #4Timmy9912012-06-19 05:11

    I own one of these. Same as, except our canopy is not original like this. Can i obtain copy of image, or potentially an original?

  5. #5Timmy9912012-06-19 05:14

    Where can i get a copy or perhaps an original page of these images? I have 3 like this machine. 1 x auto, and 2 x wrecks.

  6. #6RocksnRoses2012-06-20 08:07

    Timmy, if you want a copy of the photo I posted, PM me with your email and I will send it to you. RnR

  7. #7malcolm2012-06-30 00:20

    Hi Timmy Same deal as RnR but you should be able to drag these photos of this page to your photo library or your desk top cheers Malcolm

  8. #8robin yates uk2012-06-30 00:55

    right click on picture, save image as,,,,,,,,move to a new folder or place on desktop

  9. #9rabia2012-08-17 01:38

    No doubt it is a great stuff. Thanks for sharing

  10. #10oldtom2012-10-16 23:16

    LW 6 usa&aust made 671gm LW4 australia made4cyl 4/71gm/d/d

  11. #11Diggerdozer2012-10-19 05:34

    I have just found a Le tourneau super c with 671, we had to disconnect th efuel to stop it from roaring as th eowner started without checking govenor, if we try to move it will the air brakes or lack of air stop us from being able to move it onto a loader? thankyou

  12. #12stinkycat2012-10-19 22:49

    I don't think the brakes will be a problem. I would check the fuel rack before messing with the governor if has been sitting for sometime one or more injector control racks could be stuck. Good luck and have fun