Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cool Bucket

Savage ยท 2009-09-14 19:02

To day I was on a spill, and had to dig a little bit of it up. Well we called the CAT people to rent a mini X. We told them we needed a ditch cleaning bucket. Well they brought out a 303 with a 2 foot wide ditch bucket. The neat thing is it had a cutting edge on the back side of the bucket to. If I had a picture I would post it but I don't. Some of yall may have used one before but it was the first time I have even seen one. Very useful. Like when the material get too close to the machine. And your bucket won't roll down enough to push it out. You just roll the bucket up and push. Oh well, just thought I would let yall know if you didn't know.

Replies7
  1. #195zIV2009-09-14 20:02

    Do you mean something like this? http://img.directindustry.com/images_di/photo-g/tilting-bucket-391250.jpg It's not a very good picture but it's the best I could come up with.

  2. #2Savage2009-09-14 20:51

    Thats it. Have you ever used one? I was impressed on how use full it was.

  3. #3Savage2009-09-14 20:53

    But with out the tilt. The one I had may have been a different brand. Same general idea though with the 2 cutting edges.:notworthy

  4. #4Seaside LPS2009-09-15 20:58

    probably cat bucket like this one? I have one it is great

  5. #5Eddiebackblade2009-09-16 14:56

    I've used many of these double edged buckets, and they are really nice on Rubber Ducks for grading etc. However the downside is when working close to walls and kerbstones etc be very careful, as it is so easy to forget that little extra blade following up and doing damage. The other little habit they have is holding a bit of spoil if you push something away from the machine, and then deposit it just where you least expect it if you forget to flick it off. Swings and Roundabouts really.

  6. #6Hendrik2009-09-17 05:57

    It's getting late and the brain wants to flake out in front of the TV but I take it a Yellow Pussy 303 is a 3 tonne machine and they brought out a 2 foot mud bucket? That's 600mm, my 1.3 tonne orange beast plays with a 900mm muddy, a 3 ton should have a 1.2 (or in the ancient language of the Americas, a four footer), my baby Kobelco has a 600mm flat blade bucket and it doesn't even sweat that much using it. Am I missing something or is there a typo somewhere?

  7. #7Savage2009-09-17 21:33

    Not sure the exact size. But it sure wasn't having any problems with a full bucket of mud boomed all the way out dumping in a roll off box. But it was my first time to use or see a bucket like that. And noticed how useful it was.