Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Correct yellow for my 2014 Cat 259D

Dantran1010 · 2021-10-28 19:26

I’ve looked online and cannot find any reference to the correct yellow for my 14’ 259D. Does anyone know where I might be able to look? Or part number or… TIA!

Replies10
  1. #1CM19952021-10-28 19:50

    Cat rattle can yellow, your local dealer will have plenty. 4C-4200. https://parts.cat.com/en/thompsontractor/paints/4C-4200

  2. #2Coaldust2021-10-28 19:51

    You want a spray can? A gallon, a drum, a tote, or a tanker load?

  3. #3Dantran10102021-10-28 20:38

    Yeah I guess that would’ve helped. I am looking for a quart or a gallon

  4. #4heymccall2021-10-28 20:53

    4c4184 high gloss yellow gallon 4c4190 cat yellow primer gallon

  5. #5Dantran10102021-10-28 21:24

    So above I was told it was the 4C-4200. Maybe another stupid question but are the part number differences just the size and type of paint and the colors are the same? If so, what is the actual color of the paint called?

  6. #6heymccall2021-10-28 21:33

    4c4200 is aerosol can. 4c4184 is gallon can. At Cat, it's Gloss Yellow. Rest of the world is likely "new cat yellow" And, I highly recommend the yellow primer.

  7. #7Dantran10102021-10-28 21:38

    Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for helping me understand

  8. #8heymccall2021-10-28 21:40

    Cat only offers aerosol, gallon, 5 gallon or 55 gallon, no "quart" sizes.

  9. #9Dantran10102021-10-28 21:41

    Got it. Thanks for the info!

  10. #10Coaldust2021-10-28 22:16

    IM110NY 1 gallon acrylic enamel at NAPA is a option.