Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cost of fuel. Diesel, gasoline and otherwise…

tcachee ยท 2014-07-25 10:40

What's the cost of fuel where you guys are at? I had a technician come here to Trinidad and said that the prices here are ridiculous. We buy diesel at US$0.90c per US gallon and gasoline at US$2.20c . Too much or too little?:beatsme

Replies5
  1. #1Delmer2014-07-25 10:50

    Off road diesel $3.30, on road diesel $3.85, gas $3.55. I didn't think anybody subsidized fuel that much, and had no idea Trinidad would?

  2. #2CM19952014-07-25 19:49

    You're buying diesel for $.90 a gallon??

  3. #3monster762014-07-25 21:12

    i just filled up at 3.89

  4. #4LT-x72014-07-26 13:46

    Thats crazy cheap. The gap between diesel and gas is very interesting...... Around here these days diesel is usually more that gas, but its always close to the same cost. Usually within $.30 +- of gasoline.

  5. #5lantraxco2014-07-26 20:41

    From Wikipedia: "Trinidad and Tobago is the leading Caribbean producer of oil and gas" They're apparently floating on the stuff and run mostly on natural gas, so I suppose they can set their domestic pricing wherever they want. One of the reasons diesel is high here in the US is a demand issue, we use lots of it as motor fuel for trucks, trains, equipment etc, but the largest market is home heating fuel, the Northeast as I recall is heavily dependant on it, which skews the price upward. I would think that in the Caribbean they wouldn't need much heat, if any, so diesel is probably plentiful from the refineries there. Just guessing, YMMV