I run a 2011 Pete tandem axle with tandem axle and tri-axle Talbert's. I'm looking to get into an on board scale system. Just wondering what guy's are running out there. I had one recommendation for Right Way Load Scales, but I'm looking for more input. Thanks for the help.
Scales Give Diesel Service Unit, the Peterbilt dealer in Portland, OR a call and ask what is the most popular scale system for their log trucks. Scales have been in use for logging trucks for years since they are loaded in remote areas and need to know weighs before hitting pavement.
We installed an 'air weigh' scale on one of our KW T800's. Steering axle works off a load cell. Not terribly accurate. Needs to be recalibrated regularly. Not uncommon to read 1000 lb light. Rear scale plumbed into air suspension. Very common to be within 40lbs. If I slide my 5th wheel to a certain spot. I know I'm legal on the steers if I'm legal on the drives.