I,m looking at two International tandem axel dump trucks. A 1974 with a NTC 350 cummins and a fuller 10 speed trans, the other is a 1975 with a DT 466 engine and a 13 speed fuller/Allison trans. Is there a reference to show how interchangeable these components/trucks are if a person bought both trucks.
I forgot to mention the 1974 is a transtar 4300 and the 1975 is a fleetstar 2050A.
I'm unaware of an interchange that would show what you are wanting to know. I don't think you'll find much that will interchange between these two trucks, too many differences.
Any ideas why IH would make dumps of such similiar size but be so different? Thanks, DBS
Any ideas why IH would make dumps of such similiar size but be so different? Thanks, DBS
That was the international way. A friend bought ten trucks from them at once years ago. They had two different engines three different front axles and a bunch of other minor differences. you just never know what you will get unless you specify exactly what you want.
Those trucks are most likely 2 completely different models. The combinations that International came up with are basically endless.
The 4300 (or 4370 actually) was intended to be a long haul heavy duty truck. The Fleetstar was more of a local or vocational type truck.