Finally got hold of a Simex Crusher Bucket for a demo. I saw one on a Takeuchi TL140 at a show, and the guy said he had a larger model to go onto a Backhoe loader. It's taken a while to sort a demo but we got hold of the bucket and strapped it to the Cat ourselves. He was quoting an output of around 30 tonne per hour, but we put some particularily nasty concrete through, and think somewhere closer to 20tonnes. However the bucket performed faultlessly and is brilliantly simple in design and operation. It is more of a slow speed shredding action, than a fast impact one, and gives very little noise or dust . The product seemed much more useable than traditional Crushed concrete in that a nice balance of coarse and fine is produced. The other really good trick is to pick up the already crushed and send it through again, this flows very quickly through the bucket and produces an even finer product. As you will see, we loaded it with a Cat 312 because of the stockpiles awkward location but this would actually be quite a productive method with a smaller Excavator loading and your Backhoe as a carrier machine. All in all I was well impressed
Looks like a very useful piece of kit, not to point out the obvious...
Looks very interesting. I just got something very similar for my skidsteer. I'd post pictures....but I'm new here and can't figure that out yet!!! You can check out the skidsteer crusher at www.newdimensioncrushers.com I've had mine about a month or so now and it works pretty well as long as you are feeding it with properly sized concrete. There is a video of it operating on the website listed above if you want to see if working. Sam
how much do these cost?
The one for my skidsteer was $26,000.
That is an interesting attachment. I have a 420DIT, how does the backhoe's hydraulics run the attachment - performance wise?
that looks very useful if you needed to grind some materials up. It might even make loading out easier and also it could reduce having to haul it out and that could save a lot of money and time....
We bought ours because we figured we would spend more money in loading, trucking, and landfill fees with all of the concrete we have to get rid of one a development site of ours vs buying the crusher. Its a pretty handy little attachment.
seems these days a fella has to get creative to stay ahead of the costs. Best of luck there:thumbsup