Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Crying in my beer!

Darb ยท 2011-01-18 21:26

After all that stuff about the insurance company covering the damages done to my machine by mice....I get a call today to inform me they made a mistake and I won't have coverage after all. Isn't that just dandy! They did say that I wouldn't have to pay back the 1st check they sent but they won't cover the additional items they had agreed to cover. I guess when you are the insurance company and just about own the world, you can do and say what ever you want no matter how it effects peoples decisions. :Banghead

Replies11
  1. #1watglen2011-01-18 21:45

    i would encourage you the kick and scream and fight like hell, but i know where that'll get you. Nowhere. Better day tomorrow.

  2. #2Yellowdog2011-01-19 10:51

    complain to your state department of insurance. If it's damaged and they agreed to cover it, find out who, what, and when they decided it the first time. You have an appeal process?

  3. #3Darb2011-01-19 18:36

    You guys are awesome!! I did just that. Got hold of the insurance commissioners office and they gave instructions on what to ask the insurance company before proceeding....and low and behold a phone call comes in and all perils will be covered as previously promised. The only catch was that no more coverage for rodent damage will be permitted. At least they covered the bills I just got done paying for! Thanks for all the advice and away we go!!

  4. #4802MARK2011-01-27 02:51

    Good for you SO hummmmm where's our beers? the ones without your baby tears in em??

  5. #5Hendrik2011-01-28 20:51

    Loss adjusters will always try and adjust the loss for the insurance co, unless they have a specific clause in the policy that excludes damage caused by rodents, they have to pay. And they will have to amend the policy in writing to exclude rodent damage. Just another example of an insurance company trying it on, if they had a legal leg to stand on they would not have paid up after you got onto the commissioner.

  6. #62stickbill2011-01-28 21:32

    Adjuster make their money by getting you less and saving the insurance co.more.

  7. #7gatorguy2011-01-29 00:00

    The insurance company will generally pull a bluff like that, once they turn you down spend a little money and have your lawyer write them a letter. 90% of the time they will fold and pay in full, send you an apology and blame the whole thing on some misunderstanding. My insurance has pulled a few smooth moves on me and i'm sure it happens to the rest of you too, why can't they just keep their word?

  8. #8Randy882011-01-29 06:20

    Its all about profits, nothing else, they could care less about you, only how to get you to pay the premium and after a claim or two and they need to get rid of you because your not making them enough money. But don't worry it'll always be someone else's fault in the company and never the one your talking to,

  9. #9watglen2011-01-29 08:34

    Insurance is crooked alright. But my experience is a little different. I T-boned a car one time, nobody hurt. I drove my car home, with bumper and fender damage. Headlites, grill, hood, that sort of stuff. So i drove the car to three places, got 3 estimates. They ranged from $2500 - $4000. My agent told me i could have it fixed anywhere i liked, so i went to the highest, because they were a national firm, well known name. When i picked the car up they ran over the bill with me and the bill was more than the 4000, it was $4400. I asked and the explanation was that the insurance adjuster had looked at the car, and added a few hundred to cover a few more parts. Does that make any sense at all? Didn't matter to me cuz it wasn't my money.

  10. #10watglen2011-01-29 08:36

    Insurance is crooked alright. But my experience is a little different. I t-boned a car one time, nobody hurt. I drove my car home, with bumper and fender damage. Headlites, grill, hood, that sort of stuff. So i drove the car to three places, got 3 estimates. They ranged from $2500 - $4000. My agent told me i could have it fixed anywhere i liked, so i went to the highest, because they were a national firm, well known name. When i picked the car up they ran over the bill with me and the bill was more than the 4000, it was $4400. I asked and the explanation was that the insurance adjuster had looked at the car, and added a few hundred to cover a few more parts. Does that make any sense at all? Didn't matter to me cuz it wasn't my money.

  11. #1174inchShovel2011-01-29 11:34

    This ones a bit off topic as well, but its an interesting insurance tale. I was sued by a child rapist for 2,000,000 for libel, slander, and defamation of character. (as if thats possible) I was looking at a large bill for my defense when a friend said to me that built into most homeowners policies is a free defense on libel and slander charges. I talked to my agent, and he said no way, so we hired an attorney who pointed out that yes, this was the law and we were intitled to free representation. He spoke to my agent, who had a "comin to Jesus" and the insurance company hired the best lawyer out there for this defense. It went to court where we got a summary judgement, ( meaning the sicko rapist had no case whatsoever) So hats off to Farmers for stepping up to the plate!!