Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

takeuchi with snowpusher

bonanno23 ยท 2011-01-18 19:11

Just wondering if anyone has used a snow pusher on a Tl150. i never used my tak for snow but this year I signed up to do a shopping center. anyway, the landscaper with the contract wants me to buy a pusher. I don't think the machine is good for snow with just a bucket, let alone a larger one.

Replies3
  1. #1Xcavating2011-02-08 12:00

    I too have never used my TL150 for snow until just this last week and I was very impressed. The tracks spin on the ice just like any skid steer, however the machine had the ability to climb up on the snow. I was plowing out a lot, pushing the snow into a detention pond and was able to stay on top of the pile, something I would never be able to do with my wheel skid loaders. I didn't use a snow pusher but rather just a bucket. The machine didn't "clean up" as nice, so we used it more for pushing the big stuff and did the clean up with a snow pusher and pickup trucks.

  2. #2samson092011-02-08 12:25

    haven't used my tak 150 for plowing yet but have used my front end loader and backhoe. advise would be to make sure you don't get too big of a pusher (like a 16 or 18') but a smaller one fit for a skid. Snow, epsecially when wet is deceptively heavy, even with a 30,000 lbs loader it could bog down with too much snow, especially when slipping a bit. The tak has the power but at 11-13,000 lbs may not have enought weight, even with the tracks. Otherwise, I think the Tak would do just fine for moving snow. Could always consider running a big snow blower off the hydraulics?

  3. #3xcmark2011-02-09 19:03

    its a rough ride and I would stay with a 8~10' box max , you may want to look into track screws to help out on ice. I did some snow push back last weekend and had a hard time crossing over a 6" curb that had ice and snow hard pack , tracks would just spin once I got on top of the curb and off the flat. http://www.tirechainsrequired.com/maxi-grip.html