2007 model. Changing tracks and while bumping hyd drive to roll new track on I get a loud pop under seat and hyd oil floods out of pan. Boom is down and of course I have no hydraulics now. Tried to raise cab but can’t get it up. Any way to release pressure to raise boom manually without cracking fittings at boom cylinder?
Could you just un pin the cylinders
Was just getting back on to edit post. The articles/videos I had seen online were not specific to my machine. I got the boom completely lowered and the cab raised up as it should. Looks like hyd line coming off of pump to left drive control valve is busted.
Well it wasn’t the line. I have pulled all the sheet metal covers and tried to inspect all the hoses. Can’t seem to locate the leak. It had to be big because all the hyd oil ran out in just a minute or two. No signs of spray around the pump area. It ran out without any valve for boom, bucket or tracks being actuated. Heard a loud pop as my son was bumping the left stick to roll the new track on. Any suggestions??
You could unplug the fuel shut off solenoid, put some oil in it, and crank it over to see where it is leaking.
You are 100% correct. I guess I can just use a remote start button on the starter solenoid?
Is the fuel shut off solenoid normally closed until key switch is turned on? Is it sitting right above water pump?
If you use a remote start switch, and you are standing in front of the machine, make sure the machine is blocked up off the ground for safety, even if you unplug the the fuel shutoff solenoid. The fuel shutoff solenoid has a strong spring inside it and with the ignition off, it pushes the rack to the "no fuel" position.
Will do. I have thought about all the permissives that you go through from the seat in order to start and engage the hydraulic controls. My hunch is that the leak is somewhere there is constant system pressure when engine is running. No controls were being manipulated when it bled out.
I am going to move this discussion to another topic. My problems grew after the original post. Going to post another topic concerning troubleshooting the leak.