Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi tl140 leak.

skata ยท 2023-08-11 22:00

That left clean nut you see has worked itself loose a couple times in the last year. I'd take a wrench and hammer and tighten it back up. How tight should that nut be? On the plus side, this is the only leak this machine has ever had.

Replies9
  1. #1Georgia Iron2023-08-11 22:38

    That's funny blew same hose have the same leak now. Tightened 3 times. Still works it's way loose. I am guessing it needs to be tighter than we got it.

  2. #2skata2023-08-11 23:17

    I'm wondering if worn engine mounts is causing everything to shake around more, hence shaking the hoses?

  3. #3thepumpguysc2023-08-12 02:11

    Do they have copper washers sandwiching the connector.??

  4. #4skata2023-08-12 09:40

    I honestly don't know. I didn't take it apart. Just tightened it.

  5. #5thepumpguysc2023-08-12 09:47

    Not good.. u stand a better than average chance in damaging the connectors.. They might seal w orings on the banjo bolt, copper gaskets between the connectors OR the connector itself is the seal.. U should probably see if u can find the proper TORQUE.. (in a rebuild manual) Good luck.

  6. #6skata2023-08-12 14:18

    It's not that it just leaks, the nut it's loose. Like you can turn with your finger. Tighten it and it doesn't leak.

  7. #7skata2023-08-12 14:35

    Looks like there is suppose to be a oring. Like I said, it don't leak if it's tight. It's just that the nut works loose.

  8. #8heymccall2023-08-12 15:38

    Every Takeuchi here gets that leak...my TL150s on the drive pump outputs and TB180FR & TB53FR machines on the main pump outputs. Since it is a BSPP port, it is important that one not use a SAE/ BOSS/ STOR Oring. There is a difference. Tightening w/o replacing the O-ring will result in fitting loosening within a shorter period of time.

  9. #9skata2023-08-12 21:09

    Is the dealer the only option for that oring?