Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CT332

Catman cody ยท 2020-09-03 22:05

Looking for some info. I'm currently working on a customer's 06 Deere CT332. The issue is the left track will only move slighty with full throttle. I changed the hydrolic filter and it was loaded with a bunch gold metal debris. (Looked like gold glitter) I got a second opinion and I'm thinking it's the main drive pump is shot. But it's a $5000 part. I want to make sure that's it before I pull the trigger. Could it be anything else that would cause the left track to not keep up with the right and have metal in the filter?

Replies2
  1. #1mg23612020-09-04 05:53

    Welcome to HEF Catman ! If you have that much metal, it doesn't matter. Every component, valve and cylinder will need to be disassembled, inspected and cleaned if reusable, replaced if not. Oil cooler will have to be replaced. All the hoses and tubes will need to be cleaned as well. We don't call CTL's catastrophic track loaders for nothing . How about a picture of the debris?

  2. #2Catman cody2020-09-04 11:36

    Thanks for the input! I have two kinda crappy pics now I'm on a diff job I will take more back at the shop and post this evening. It was loaded with that gold glitter crap.