Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cummins 3.3 VP 44 injection pump in Vermeer chipper

mattyt1984 ยท 2017-09-14 20:49

My chipper will start and immediatly stall and I am not sure why I bought it this way. I have changed fuel filter and electric fuel pump. I have good fuel flow to the pump inlet and also out the top of the pump to return. I have also removed the shut off plunger. Any other suggestions before having pump rebuilt?

Replies3
  1. #1thepumpguysc2017-09-15 05:05

    Its usually cheaper & faster to get an exchange pump.. Just get the bosch 10 digit # off the side of the pump & check w/ DWDIESEL.com or call for pricing.. That's who a lot of fuel shops use for their exchange pumps, IF they don't rebuild them " in house".. fair price & good warranty..

  2. #2kshansen2017-09-15 07:59

    DWDIESEL.com, There is one that is close to home. They started out in an old barn a few miles from here! Actually before Doug, one of the brothers, got in to the business he was doing small engine work in a one car garage behind his dads auto parts store in town.

  3. #3partsandservice2017-09-27 22:03

    I am not familiar with a 3.3 cummins. But a vp 44 is an electronic fuel pump. Any codes like a engine position sync or mismatch codes ? Also if it has a removable fuel shut off plunger where was it located? I am not aware of any fuel shut off plunger on a vp44, as fuel shut off is electronically controlled.