Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cummins isx15 signature cm570 cam adjustments

JAJ · 2025-03-18 05:14

Hi everyone! I am looking at possibly doing an overhead adjustment myself on my truck and the procedures that I have seen on the internet calls for a dial type torque wrench for the injector adjustment. I don’t have one yet, but I am wondering if anyone has used or thinks a digital torque adapter would be acceptable to use? I haven’t done valve or injector adjustments on the Cummins engines before and I’m hoping I can watch someone do it (hopefully on my truck) and ask a million questions before I do it solo. So just doing research at this stage so all opinions are most welcome.

Replies4
  1. #1Truck Shop2025-03-18 06:26

    Use a dial type snap on torqometer.

  2. #2JAJ2025-03-18 07:18

    Thanks for you reply Yeah I just had a look at the Snap on site and they look like what is recommended. Price is AUD $700-$1000, I might have to get one. So you don’t think the digital torque adapters would be a safe alternative? I want to do things safely and correctly, I don’t want to try dumb things and break stuff so I appreciate your opinion. I have a small good quality Warren & Brown deflecting beam style in inch pounds that I use on aircraft engines but that definitely doesn’t seem like a safe option for this job.

  3. #3Truck Shop2025-03-18 10:59

    It could be off a few inch lbs with digital adapter, in most cases a few either way isn't a big deal, just needs to be even across the board.

  4. #4JAJ2025-03-20 17:42

    Thanks Truck Shop. I have got a couple of the digital ones now to try. I’ll see if I can compare the small one to the Snap On Torqometer if I can get to Cummins Guru and he will let me go through it with him. The accuracy is supposed to be +-2%, but only $90 so I can’t see it being as good as the dial one but I’ll see, fingers crossed.