Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cummins L-10 manual oil pressure test

Man with a plan ยท 2021-01-12 15:09

Looking at a dump truck with a Cummins L-10 engine oil pressure gauge appears inoperable in pictures. So I'm wondering if there is a easy spot to tap into with a manual gauge to test oil pressure. Engine is electronic. Truck is not local to my area.

Replies4
  1. #1Truck Shop2021-01-12 18:34

    Oil rifle will run down the left side of block with 1/8" NPT plugs.

  2. #2Man with a plan2021-01-12 20:40

    Would you or someone be able to post a picture of the exact ports your talking about.

  3. #3Truck Shop2021-01-12 20:55

    Page 3 and 4 cover two different L10's, you will see arrows to oil pressure rifles. https://www.dieselrebuildkits.com/w.../Specifications-Manual-l10-Series-Engines.pdf

  4. #4Man with a plan2021-01-12 22:45

    Thanks for including the diagram. Once I looked at it it reminded me that there is a compucheck fitting to check oil pressure on the oil filter housing so I'll probably get a compucheck fitting for my gauge and go that route. Thanks again for the response.