Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cummins NH220 engine

Hydraumind ยท 2017-05-18 15:07

If possible I need a repair manual of NH220 used on the old komatsu Dozer, if someone want to share please PM me

Replies23
  1. #1Junkyard2017-05-18 22:48

    There are some super cheap komatsu manuals online. I think I paid $10 to download the one for our D65EX-12. I do have a genuine old school period correct 220 service manual I can get info from. What exactly do you need to know? It's an old dog eared girl but a 220 is a 220 for the most part. Junkyard

  2. #2Hydraumind2017-05-19 00:08

    I needed tightening torque of the following: Main bearing Con. rod Cyl. head Injector bolt and adj. Valve lash Maybe later on, I will need the timing procedure and values but I don't know if I gonna remove the cam follower

  3. #3Junkyard2017-05-19 12:14

    I'll try snapping pics of what you want, hopefully you can zoom and read. If not I can email them if you PM me an address. This is from a 1961 manual Injector hold downs show to be 10-1/2 ft pounds. Valve lash on NH series intake cold .016, warm .014. Exhaust .029 cold and .027 warm. I've got all the info you'll need, I assume it's still the same all these years later! Junkyard

  4. #4Junkyard2017-05-19 12:14
  5. #5Hydraumind2017-05-20 01:49

    Thank you

  6. #6StanRUS2017-05-20 05:31

    When you're setting injector torque, it is necessary to squeeze fuel out between injector plunger & cup. Just requires bottoming by tightening 5-6 times, but not over tightening. U can feel the injector bottom out while using a large blade screwdriver or inch pound torque wrench.

  7. #7Scrub Puller2017-05-20 06:06

    xxxx

  8. #8Abraham2018-08-12 21:19

    Hi Im new to this forum but could someone please tell me what the torque setting is for the rocker boxes on NH220 please? Thanks

  9. #9kshansen2018-08-13 10:14

    Hope this is what you need, if more have the whole old manual.

  10. #10Abraham2018-08-13 14:47

    Exactly what I need. Thanks for the reply.

  11. #11kshansen2018-08-13 16:05

    Like I said if you need any more out of the book just let me know, either here or by "Start a Conversation".

  12. #12Abraham2018-09-07 17:19
  13. #13kshansen2018-09-07 20:08

    here are the next two pages out of the manual

  14. #14Abraham2018-09-08 22:34

    Thanks for that. All set, shes a runner!

  15. #15kshansen2018-09-09 09:46

    Good to hear!

  16. #16syzing962019-01-23 09:05

    anyone know the main timing adjustment of NH220

  17. #17kshansen2019-01-23 11:26

    Do you have access to the timing tool ST-593 or something equivalent? Timing on the NH220 Cummins and most others is done by adding or removing shim gaskets under the cam follower boxes on the left side of the engine. I do have the manual but would not be of too much help with out the ST-593. It is possible to do without the exact tool if one is familiar with the procedure and can use a bit of imagination. If this sounds like something you want to try let me know and I will scan in a few pages. Just to be clear this is not something you need to do just to replace a PT pump or replacing injectors. The injectors do need to be adjusted but that is not timing of the engine. Only time one should need to adjust timing would be if cam follower boxes were removes or replaced or if cam or cam drive gears were replaced.

  18. #18StanRUS2019-01-23 13:56

    Main timing adjustment > injection timing < PROCEDURE is the same for NH220, NTC 335, NTA 420, KTA 600. Different injection timing specification for various engine models.

  19. #19kshansen2019-01-23 18:52

    True and the V-12 1710 is even more fun as you have two different cams to time and like the "K" engines they are adjusted by using off-set keys in the cam gears. Don't make the mistake about installing the key backwards! Would not be as bad if you did enough to justify cost of spare cam gears that did not need to be heated to install or pressed off. We were not that lucky so were VERY CAREFUL!

  20. #20yooper chico2019-09-20 16:08

    I have a 1977 Komatsu Dozer D65P6 with NH220 Cummins engine. Looking for the Fuel pump code for calibration (grj060)and the idle plunger #. The service manual would be the best, it's for my father and he doesn't even have the internet at his house so I'm doing the data diving for him.

  21. #21yooper chico2019-09-24 13:54

    Any info on the fuel pump code (calibration), GRJ060 or Idle Plunger? This is on a 1977 D65P-6 with a NH220. Thanks.

  22. #22fhore12023-07-17 08:40

    I think I found the right grade b bolts for the head cylinder part (188329) but $130 a piece, got any better ideas?

  23. #23fhore12023-08-01 21:17

    Anyone have a a better idea on where to find these bolt, or can i just a grade 8 bolt instead?