Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Current Job

Cat420 ยท 2005-05-10 20:44

Here's a bunch of pictures that I took from the job I'm on now. It's only 1/4 of mile down the road from our house, if only they were all like that. These ones are of a monster rock that I dug up. It was almost too heavy to push :eek2 .

Replies7
  1. #1Cat4202005-05-10 20:47

    Here's a shot of the job. I dug up 30 stumps from this little lot.

  2. #2Cat4202005-05-10 20:52

    Here we are knocking a tree down for the guy that got us the job next to his house.

  3. #3Cat4202005-05-10 20:59

    Last ones. This tree gave us a good fight, but we won . It was about 3 feet across and pretty tall. I wouldn't recommend trying to do much bigger than this with a backhoe. Hope you guys enjoyed these.

  4. #4Steve Frazier2005-05-10 21:37

    Good job Cat! There's a facility over near you that takes that kind of debris in, drop me a PM if you need a contact number. How is that new Cat dealer working out over there?

  5. #5Cat4202005-05-10 22:04

    So far we haven't had to use the dealer for much, but any time I've been in there they are pretty helpful (right now they have a 236 and 262 inside the building by the parts dept, I didn't realize how big they are). We will be sending the 420 in soon for its 1,000 hour service, so I'll report back on my experience. My only real complaint so far is that they don't have their own truck for moving rental machines and the company that they told me to call for a price couldn't give me a straight answer.

  6. #6digger242j2005-05-10 23:15

    Now see, *that's* the way to take stumps out! While they're still attached to the tree... Great set of pics.

  7. #7Cat4202005-05-10 23:27

    It is by far the best way to take stumps out. Digging the stumps wasn't all bad, I filled the front bucket with dirt and was able to dig medium size ones easily with e-stick all the way out. The problem with the job was that some guy cut down and hauled out the 30 trees and then left the stumps after being paid $4,500. Another reason to get things in writing.