Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Custom 1:50 Brass Traffic Barrels

D5G ยท 2009-10-05 17:32

Hi Guys, I bought these 1:50 brass traffic barrels and thought I would share some pics with you guys. If anyone has any questions, feel free to send me a PM. I also have more pics if anyone is interested.

Replies7
  1. #1Andre Grondin2009-10-06 12:12

    HI ! Mike , very neet barels !!! a bit expensive I Would say !!!

  2. #2heavylift2009-10-06 12:16

    now you need to paint them ... smash them and find some old tire side walls for the base

  3. #3KBuilt2009-10-06 17:45

    If anyone needs any further information on the barrels, drop me an email. I'm the creator of the barrels. Michael [email protected]

  4. #4Andre Grondin2009-10-06 21:09

    Hi ! Michael , they are very nicely done !! love them !! I guess that you made them on a lathe !! I do a lot of 1/50 scale model customizing !

  5. #5hummer132009-10-06 21:34

    Welcome aboard Mike, can not wait til this weekend to get mine Jason

  6. #6KBuilt2009-10-06 21:46

    Andre - The barrels are made using both the lathe and a mill with a rotary table. Easy to say, but difficult to explain. Jason - Thanks! Jeff has a full box of things coming to him this time; shackles, spreader bar, 1750 c/w extension tray, barrels and cones and 80 pulleys for the 1750.

  7. #7heavylift2009-10-07 11:16

    are they hollow... it would be cool to fab a LED or fiber optic blinking light to fit... all I know is with the blinking light attached. they are the right height to knock a mirror off a truck