Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cutting junipers again

Justin ยท 2010-12-15 14:56

So last year I posted some pictures of what I was doing with no befores. So this time I remembered to take some before pictures and some after pictures. This set of pictures is maybe thrity five acres all cut with my tree shear. I will have to back clean up the little and big trees that I can not cut with the shear. the whole project is 200 acres. I got to make around 5 miles of road to get to the cutting area. And in about two years we will burn these piles, and reseed with a native grass.

Replies6
  1. #1fast_st2010-12-15 15:16

    Nice shrubbery! wouldn't mind a few myself

  2. #2hvy 1ton2010-12-15 17:19

    Looking good Justin. I hate junipers, i get a rash when i touch them, can't stop sneezing when i smell then. Evil, evil trees i tell you. You never get just a few

  3. #3Justin2010-12-15 19:13

    they are just a water sucking weed here and choke out every thing else. I will do my best to help you quit sneezing

  4. #4hvy 1ton2010-12-15 21:37

    Much appreciated.::woohoo I do my part out here too, but my shear is a tad smaller.:drinkup

  5. #5Justin2010-12-16 18:08

    what kind of a shear do you have?

  6. #6hvy 1ton2010-12-16 18:15

    12" shear that goes on a skid loader. I can make some hella tall piles.:drinkup