Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hand Tools

Timbercruise171 · 2010-12-28 22:47

What are some good hand tools, wrenches, welders, etc… for a service truck to carry every day?

Replies9
  1. #1qball2010-12-28 23:10

    wrenches to 2" sockets to 3/4 drive bfh lfh basic hand tools victor journeyman torch set miller welder/generator small parts/consumables band aids

  2. #2Timbercruise1712010-12-28 23:27

    ifh?

  3. #3cutting edge2010-12-29 00:12

    If you need to ask,invest in a sat. phone instead.

  4. #4John C.2010-12-29 01:06

    Next time I'll put my money in an education for a sit down job instead of the tools.

  5. #5Justin2010-12-29 12:01

    You would have probably saved money, I think just the tools in my roll around tool box, in the shop, I have probably got over $25,000, invested and that could be on the low side. And that does not count any of the stuff on the sevice box or shop tools.

  6. #6motrack2010-12-29 13:02

    Are you working in a shop now or have you ever worked as a mechanic in this trade? I cant imagine anyone having to ask what he needs tool wise for a service truck.

  7. #7heavylift2010-12-29 14:35

    I have a lot of tools in the garage. 10g to replace with all new I would guess. I would say 75% where bought used. Same warranty as new. We had a pawn shop here for awhile that every tool was 4 bucks, some even cheaper. picked thru the tool area. 2' snap on extension 4 bucks . craftsman ..mac.. etc... I spent over 200 bucks on used tools... a few months later I stop in to see if there was anything new. The tool area was loaded with NEW PRICE on all his tools.. I guess he read up on tool prices. walked away empty handed

  8. #8HCF2011-01-24 22:10

    Air arc kit for the welder, compressor and a couple pieces of scrap to use as temporary braces in case anything is broken around pin holes and stuff. Oh yeah. Slag hammer and a grinder.

  9. #9hotsaw2011-02-13 18:08

    A good battery drill with a set of Hanson or Mac easy-outs. The best srew extractors are the stort ones that you put a socket on.