Here is my story. Last spring I bought a rake at an auction for my Case 135 excavator. It had CWS lugging to fit Ex, ZX 120/135, John Deere 120/135. Also Komatsu. I made the mistake of assuming it would fit mine also. I recently took it to a machine shop (with my digging bucket for a pattern) to have it changed. They did a nice job. Not cheap but much better than the other options. CWS wants over $1000 just for the lugging. The machine shop plasma cut them out from T1 steel. A local heavy equipment dealer quoted me $2500 to install lugging on a hoepack I was looking at. This stuff is not cheap. Here is my question: I have the lugging that was removed from my rake. Do you think that there is a chance to sell them? What do you think the possible value would be? Thanks. First picture is the new lugging finished. Second picture is the lugging after removal. Third picture is the rake as I bought it.
As an machine shop owner, I would not buy them. The reason being that I would rather cut my own to make sure they fit my project rather than hope they do.The old plates are good for scrap at the least or your next project.
too late I know of a guy in BC who could have done it for $800 email me if you need more done
Thanks. I did get a nice job done for just a little more than that.
Looks like a heck of a rake, do you have any pics of it on the machine?
The plan is to try it out this Saturday at the son-in-law's 158 acres. I will take pictures.
Have you been staying pretty busy? hows that 135, are you happy with it??
I have been working for wages driving rock trucks , packer and roller. My excavator has not been working as things are very slow around here and I am just starting out. Here are a few pictures from work and my rake. I like my Case 135.
The rake looks awesome, how does it match the thumb?I bets its the cats butt for grubbing and cleaning, and loading brush and stumps, and....... The job you're on looks cool, what are you building??
You have a great rake/thumb set up on the Case, and if the 135 is anything like the 130 we commonly have over here a great economical excavator too.:thumbsup Sad to hear work is slow over there also, but admire you for getting out working just for wages (that's all I've really done all year) and getting your own outfit fully sorted ready for some upturn. I must say I try to get over to B.C every year to go skiing, and always come back amazed that nearly every machine sports a really neat 'thumb' set up as you just do not see them in the UK. I can honestly say I have never seen a full hydraulic one in the UK ever! Hope it all works out great for you, and I'm praying for snow as I'll be back in January. Eddie.
The rake works well with the thumb. If I can get some time to play with it before the snow comes it will be good. We can see the snow on Mt Baldy from the acreage. The Case is very easy on fuel- about 10 litres/hour. The job I was on is a road building project for a new subdivision. The picture of the 2 excavators is where a cul-de-sac will be. The slope is steeper than it looks, very hard to walk up.
Hey Guy, Do you still have the CWS plates you cut off? If so a buddy of mine with a EX120 is interested, give me a email at [email protected] and we'll chat. Thanks Doug
Just out of curiosity ? ... why did you have to cut new lugging ? on the 200 size lugging the cws, weldco/cat, FAS, all have the same pin spread and pin boss diam. , but the biggest diff was the saddle width being CWS is narrower, and the wedges are shallower angle on cws .... my 320clu had CWS lugging on it when I made the deal on the machine I wanted hyd Q/C ..... the only one that Finning could find was weldco/cat ..... thay also had to exchange the thumb cause it was to narrow for the new lugging ..... my 312 lugging is FAS and we checked it out it was also the same differances
Richie Brothers Auction advertised the rake with CWS lugging to fit Hitachi and John Deere 120/135 and PC120 machines. I have a Case 135 and I assumed that it would be the same. Wrong! My Case lugging needs to be spaced 1 1/4 inches wider and different distances between the pins. Lesson learned.
Wow .... I wonder what the lugging pattern is called ... never herd of Case lugging before ..... Sounds like my FAS lugging when I tried to buy a rake or packer or whatever nothing ever fit mine ....I built a bolt on saddle for my rotary mulcher (its also used on my skidsteer) and has to be removed ....we built it out of T-1 as well and I don't think we had more than $500 into it .... I made a template and a drafted drawing to our local fab shop (EXCO) they have a CNC plasma cutting table ....they ccharged me a half hour to program it in to the comp and 1 hr to handle/cut the T-1 plus the cost of the steel (shop hrly was $85)... I got some more steel for the base plate and the rest was welding ..... I also built another bolt on saddle for the 320, to put on a Quadco attachment, made out of inch and a half reg steel at another shop cause the first one was out of stock .... took the guy a template of that and he traced it out, cut it with a torch, he had some cool tricks and charged me 2 hrs labour .... that one cost me about the same .... you guys are right ....$1000 bucks is a ripoff ...just food for thought
My buckets and my thumb are made by CWS. When I talked to a CWS salesman in Vancouver, he knew what my problem was. The lugging was not the same for all 135 size machines.