I'm looking for a bulrush or reed cutter for my excavator but I've looked for a few hours on the net and can't find any. Who makes them ? I'm not looking for a brush cutter (rotary mower) I have a mulcher i need a cutter that can cut below the water. A few are floating around but I don't know what make they are.
I don't have any input for you. It sounds like that could really churn the water. Does it run slow like a roto-tiller? Problems with fish?
Hi Westshore, I am assuming you are talking about what we would call a reed cutting bucket. These are like a ditch cleaning bucket but actually have a finger bar mower as a cutting edge. The construction is usually of a skeletal type to allow the water through but catch the trash. I know a UK company that makes them and there are pics on their website. It is www.flailsdirect.co.uk Someone will better skills than me will usually post a link! What make is your mulcher and what type of use do you find for it? Hope this helps Eddie.
That's what I was talking about, I've seen buckets with the cutting teeth but no sickle type cutter that's what I need though, I wonder if anyone makes them I North America ? I have a Denis Cimaf DAH 150. Used for land clearing, cleanup behind dozers w sheer blades etc.
Has anyone personlly used this sickle bar on a bucket? Having done this type of work I would think it would jam up all the time, all tho it looks impressive. Seems that the reed will easy pull out at the roots if you go to fast, then you are jammed up. And we have quit using sickle bar to mow hay and went to a disk type mower. We have a fail mower and a rake mounted to the 220 that does get the work done. We have to work from the top down like tree chipping. The last job I did we were no allowed to get in the water at all. http://www.darrylmueller.com/IMG_1876.jpeg http://www.darrylmueller.com/IMG_1898.jpeg Just my 2 1/2 cents worth that is really 1 cent due to inflation.
try usmower out of Washington state. I bought one there first part if the year. :beatsme
Westshore take a look at this and see what you think about it, would it work for what you want I hope this link works. Never tried this under water but it might work.
The company that sells more reed buckets in the UK (and probably Europe) is called HERDER based in Holland - try www.herder.nl The UK dealer is a company called MASTENBROEK - try www.mastenbroek-enviromental.com They are expensive !!! I don't knpw if Herder have a US dealer Regards
Fecon... This seams to be popular, the Fecon Bullhog . Here are some down-right nasty ways to do trees, with a Geo-Boy . There are action videos on these pages...
Have you heard of a company called Shinncutter ? The county I once worked for had two of these machines. These machines will cut trees up to 3', and eat anything in there way.Great machines,but a little high in maintain.Depending on what type of wood you cut,the teeth have to be changed out every 36 hours.The cutter head uses a ton of grease. bums/ll460/dragonriversteel/Real%20heavy%20equipment/Web20Used202.jpg[/IMG
What you cut dicktates what type of cutter. We used a rotary mower on about 5 miles or more of levee banks. This worked a lot better than the fail mowers. Cutting cat tails and reeds works better with rotary. The drum or fail will wrap up and waste time in reeds and cat tails. http://www.darrylmueller.com/excavatormowerIMG_2049.jpeg http://www.darrylmueller.com/excavatormowerIMG_2044.jpeg Clean up with rake http://www.darrylmueller.com/excavatorrakeIMG_2040.jpeg Anything floating the aquamog gets http://www.darrylmueller.com/aquamogIMG_2050.jpeg
Hi Darryl, Nice pics of some tidy looking mowing there. Just thinking of the Rush mowing I do with the Kubota 8 tonner I have, and I have been searching for something along the Rotary mower lines. What manufacturer is your mower? And what blade set up are you running to get a finish like that? I have been thinking of converting an agricultural 'drum' type mower as these are considered very effective in Rushes but leave a very long product on the ground almost in windrows and not as acceptable as a flail. I wish someone would make a flail/vaccum system for an excavator that would mulch/mow and then collect and blow the debris along a 6" pipe fixed along the dipper and boom and into a waiting dumper behind the machine. I could mow around 40ft wide an collect all the debris with no mess if such a system existed? Eddie
I would like to find a reed cutting bucket suitable for my 314DLCR. I've been told these buckets are expensive. A used one might work for me. Anyone know of any for sale?