Came in on 5 trucks, was assembled on the jobsite. 850 HP and the way shes dressed, weighs about 248,000 lbs. This will be my first attempt to post pictures, here it goes. Here it is on the trailer with the pivot shaft installed. Its abig rush to get the roller frames and tracks on it and send the driver/ trailer on its way. This is a 84 cubic YD coal blade.
Pictures came through great. I am assuming it is working at a power plant because of the blade that it came with. Would love to see pictures of the machine when complete and in action.
thanks for the pictures.never realised what was involved in assembly nick.........
Coming up, I can only get 5 pics at a time.. Operator malfunction I suppose !
All the pieces except the ripper, came in before the base machine, blade, roller frames, tracks, When they bring it in on the lowbed trailer, it looks top heavy and unstable.
More pictures If you look at the bottom of these silo's you can see the D11 and an 854g, kinda puts the silos into persrective.
All together This is all of the pictures I took of it. I will get some of it in the coal next time I'm There !
Thanks for the great pics, must be a thrill !!
Thanks for sharing. I'm assuming that the machine is just for charging the burners and for stockpiling, so why a ripper insted of a counterweight?
Nice Pics. It's always interesting seeing big equipment like that.
from the rear it doesnt even look like an 11 looks like a 10
Great pic's thx for showing them Kyle
How long did it take to assemble the D11?
JTL, I was thinking the same thing about a ripper on the D11T. Is this machine used in a operation,where the need to rip occours?
The rear's a dead giveaway, look at the tanks. On a D10 the tanks have a very narrow tank with a high vertical edge. A D11 has a wide sloping tank.
The transmission on a D11 protrudes past the case by quite a bit, the D10 is pretty much flush with the case. The engine enclosure doors are a dead giveaway too, different perforation pattern, the D10 has a unique perforation unlike anything else that Cat has. You can get a D11 with a large capacity tank that is pretty much square with a very narrow notch cut out for ripper visibility. I think it's ugly but you can run 12+ hours on that tank.
Those things are beast I want to get my hands on one of them one day and become a kid all over again =P
Its proably just the rippers that make it look like a 10, used to seeing the rippers on are 11, rippers on the 11 i work around is dbl the size of those
Multi-shank rippers aren't as common on a D11 as the single shank. They really aren't all that common on a D10 either.
The three shank we have on are 11 is the biggest 3 shank around, and more then half of are 10's have the 3 shank rippers, the rest have push blocks
Great pics. Thank for sharing!
monster-dozer!!
Wow a 3 shank ripper that look's cool. Kyle
Nice pics, coal blade??? (Lol)