Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D21A-7 DRIVE CLUTCH

1580 LLC ยท 2025-01-09 16:54

Hello to all, I have been through most of the drive clutch threads so far. My dozer has 1400 hours, all the drive and steer functions work except one. My left track will not disengage. It happened over a short period of time, about 20 hours of operation. I had to force the joystick more to stop the track. All the linkages seem to be adjusted properly. I am on the way to pulling the drive clutch, prior to that I removed the hydraulic solenoid/cylinder that operates the clutch fork. I can push the fork in with a large screwdriver about 3/8 of an inch. Can the clutches be locked up even though the fork is moving back and returning properly? Can I force the drive sprocket around to free it up, when the machine is blocked up off the floor? How far does the solenoid push the fork for disengagement, it appears that it is maybe a half inch or so. Has anyone freed up the pressure plate from the top without removing the clutch housing? Is there any chance the solenoid is bad, interior O-ring seems okay. Is the Parts guy from NY still engaging in this forum? Any ideas would help. Thanks, Dave.....

Replies0

No replies yet.