Guys, just purchased a 2000ish d21p-7. Everything runs great. This unit has both steering and blade pilot controls, two speed transmission etc. There is another short lever between the throttle and the steering control, with no labels. The dealer was not familiar with dozers, and I do not have a service manual yet, do you professionals know what this lever is for?????
I am not sure. But on a Mitsubishi, push down on your brake pedal and pull that out and it acts as a parking brake. To release, just push on brake pedal again. Maybe some one else can answer you who owns one. By the way, how do you like the pilot controls?
Dozer is a two speed H pattern, has a 8 foot blade with 18" pyramid tracks. Has enough power to spin the tracks before stalling. Blade may be a little too big, but runs well for clearing a building pad and grading driveways.
Do you have a pic? It sounds to me that is your tranny speed control lever... ????? Let us know...
I had trouble sending replays Thursday, I am not good with this site yet. I like the pilot control, very easy to get used to. I seem to use the inching pedal as a clutch by habit, but the steering by pilot control is great!
Thanks for the interest, I will take a pic today, and try to get it to ya. Am I to believe that you are a source for D21 parts? I need a service manual ASAP.
Sure am Dwbinc.. Contact me anytime..