Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D3B Decelerator

pbean ยท 2012-07-10 22:00

I was wondering if anyone has succesfuly added a decalerator pedal to a D3b that to my knowledge only has a hand throtle.My dozer has a big brake pedal in between the two steering pedals.i was thinkin maybe that may b the decelerator and brake are combined but after reading the manual it doesnt appear so.I was wondering about buying a decelater set up for another dozer and making it work . maybe from a D3C or later model.Any sugestions?

Replies4
  1. #1Taylortractornu2012-07-10 23:52

    I added one off a burnt D4c onto a D3B one time. Also on a D3C that was a grey market hand steer I did the same to. It came off the boat without a decelerator and I bought a new one from Cat.

  2. #2pbean2012-07-11 11:33

    Thanks thats what i was hoping to do

  3. #3pbean2012-07-19 05:49

    Would a D4C decelerator bolt up off to the side of the console or under the console.trying to figure out the best one to get and best place to mount it

  4. #4Taylortractornu2012-07-19 20:49

    I cant remember off hand but I think both are close enough to work. One we just ordered the right one and all the bracketry. The other we got of a roasted one. I have a friend with a D3C that didnt have a decelerator. He bought a parts machine at an auction from a Chemical company that used one to push salt into stock piles. The decel on it was bad. We bought the parts through Cat again and I think on one other a D4 it was ordered through Regal or HeavyQuip.