Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D3C Series iii Transmission fluid coming out fill tube

Jwrogers · 2018-10-27 09:39

We have a D3c series iii used for light farm work. It was not used for almost a year. After running for short period of time it builds up pressure and oil comes out the fill tube. Changed fluid and cleaned strainers. When putting new fluid back in the oil backed up the fill tube. Loosened the round plate in front of the filter and the oil immediately went down. Does the transmission have a vent that could be stopped up? Any ideas?

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2018-10-27 10:27

    Try removing # 11 on this illustration and see what happens. Part Number is 9G-5127 if you need a new one. Also a better photo showing what it actually looks like.

  2. #2Welder Dave2018-10-27 11:38

    I have a 931B which I think is similar and I read somewhere you need to keep the vent clean or at least check it every so often.

  3. #3Jwrogers2018-10-27 16:26

    Thanks. That fixed it. The top had broken off and it was plugged. I just had trouble finding it. I couldn’t find it in the manual. I knew the manual said clean the breather when changing filter. Thanks again

  4. #4Nige2018-10-27 16:47

    Glad you found the problem. A new one is less than $20.

  5. #5Welder Dave2018-10-28 02:50

    It probably was in the operators manual. LoL

  6. #6"acidoil"2018-12-03 21:25

    Wow. Great catch Nige111