Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D3c track help

meiu ยท 2012-11-19 05:47

I have a D3c all but 3 rollers replaced already. My problem is that the tracks seem to want to jump and get on the sides of the rollers at times which is concerning me just a bit.I have replaced roller in the past which were just worn out and the inside ring was worn out and gone but the ones recently changed were like worn but broken off this time. It is almost like at times I get a rock or hard substance caught in the tracks . Could this be either worn segments on the drive wheels or track chain wearing in width?

Replies2
  1. #1g_man2012-11-19 09:10

    One easy thing to check - Are your track frames straight and aligned properly so that your sprockets, track rollers, front idlers, and top roller all lie in a straight line. Any one of those being off line or at an angle can cause trouble.

  2. #2meiu2012-12-11 07:33

    Thanks for the reply g_man. I got out on flat surface to check for straight true running and came up with nothing out of the ordinary signs of mis alignment. Front right idler wheel has started showing wear on the inside ridge, starting to round alittle, not the outside? That is probly telling me something but what?