Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D4D hydraulic fluid level

ScottNC ยท 2015-12-11 18:21

Feel like I'm Bogarting the forum, sorry. Bought a service manual and it seems everything I need isn't in there. How is the hydraulic fluid level checked on a D4/D4D? It's a '67 78A. Promise to try and stop starting new threads back-to-back.

Replies2
  1. #1Rusted2015-12-11 19:00

    There is a round sight gauge in the left side of the hyd tank, They get discolored with age making it difficult to read sometimes.

  2. #2ScottNC2015-12-12 07:55

    There is what I assumed to be the sight gauge right at operators foot level, just to the left of the clutch dip stick. Problem with it is, ya can't see a dang thing in it! Is there a rule-of-thumb to use for full enough when looking down the fill cap? Guess I can measure down from tank top to the sight gauge with a tape measure and fill to that same point dropping the tape into the tank??